This grape tomato and basil pasta comes together in less than 15 minutes, making for a delicious and super easy dinner your family will love!
Ingredients list for the Grape Tomato and Basil Pasta
- 1 pound (450g) pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound (450g) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 to 6 slices of ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated parmesan, for garnish (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente or until pasta is slightly undercooked.
2. While pasta is cooking, add black pepper, onion, and garlic to a large skillet with olive oil. Turn the heat on medium and cook until onion becomes soft, about three minutes. Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, they should keep their shape. Add sesame seeds and paprika, stir gently. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Drain hot pasta and divide into plates. Top with chopped ham and pour the tomato sauce over. Add basil leaves and serve with extra grated parmesan cheese.