Because everyone needs a comfort food fix every once in a while, this crock pot beef stew, made with lean ground meat, carrot, potatoes, tomatoes and boatload of spices makes for a filling dinner, yet easy on your waistline.
Ingredients list for the Crock Pot Ground Beef Stew, Potato and Carrot
- 1 lb. (450g) ground beef
- 1.5 lbs (700g) potatoes, diced large, unpeeled
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 whole garlic clove, skin on
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef broth (or water + 1 bouillon cube)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Bay leaves
- Parmesan and fresh chopped flat parsley, for garnish
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Add the diced tomato, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, ground beef, diced onions, whole garlic cloves, oregano, bay leaves and seasoning to a large slow cooker.
2. Pour the beef broth over everything and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, without opening the lid during cooking time.
3. Serve topped with parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy with sliced french baguette!
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker ($49.00)