Because everyone needs a comfort food fix every once in a while, this crock pot beef stew, made with lean ground meat, carrot, potatoes, tomatoes and boatload of spices makes for a filling dinner, yet easy on your waistline.
Ingredients list for the Crock Pot Beef Stew
- 1 lb. (450g) ground beef
- 1.5 lbs (700g) potatoes, diced large, unpeeled
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 5 whole garlic clove, skin on
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef broth (or water + 1 bouillon cube)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 Bay leaves
- Parmesan and fresh chopped flat parsley, for garnish
1. Add the diced tomato, diced potatoes, sliced carrots, ground beef, diced onions, whole garlic cloves, oregano, bay leaves and seasoning to a large slow cooker.
2. Pour the beef broth over everything and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, without opening the lid during cooking time.
3. Serve topped with parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy with sliced french baguette!
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker ($49.00)