These vegetable spring rolls are a colorful, crunchy, vegan friendly option that is wonderful for an appetizer, snack, lunch, dinner, or whenever! The number of ingredients on the list seems excessive, but you’ll thank yourself later for such healthy goodness! Who needs takeout when you can make your own?
Ingredients list for the vegetable spring rolls
- 1 package of rice paper rounds
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Grated or julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Basil, to taste
- Cilantro, to taste
- Mint, to taste
- 1/2 lime
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, or to taste
1. Soak rice paper sheets in warm water until soft. About 30 seconds to one minute. Process one sheet at a time otherwise they will stick all together.
2. Lay a rice paper sheet out on a clean surface and place a small amount of each ingredient in the center. Play with different combinations of ingredients, add lime juice and chili sauce if you like.
3. Fold both sides over the filling, and gently roll up. Serve with your favorite spicy hot dipping sauce and enjoy!