Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this. This Spicy Honey Garlic Salmon is perfect for a quick weekday evening: smother your pan seared salmon fillets with a garlic honey mustard glaze and dinner is ready in under 20 minutes! Say hello to your new favorite healthy dinner!
Ingredients list for the Honey Mustard Garlic Salmon
- 12 oz (350g) salmon fillets, cut into 2-3 strips
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (Tabasco, Sriracha, Asian chili-garlic sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
1. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine honey, mustard, hot sauce of your choice, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar (or lime juice) red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in a oven-proof skillet and fry the salmon on on side until half done. Flip salmon and add minced garlic into the skillet and cook until slightly browned. Add the honey mixture and lemon wedges into the skillet, reduce the sauce until sticky. Finish off by broiling the salmon in the oven for 1 minute, until the surface becomes slightly charred. Serve over rice with more sauce and a sprinkling of chopped cilantro.