This thick and creamy red lentil dip packs a punch with spices and cayenne. Not only it’s delicious with tortilla chips as a healthy appetizer, but it’s also a winner in your sandwiches and wraps for lunch.
Ingredient list for the red lentil dip
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 cups water, to cook the lentils
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- Juice of a lemon
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optionnal)
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil, to taste
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Mix the lentils, water and bouillon cube in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
2. Combine the lentils, dried tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, Sriracha, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and drizzle with olive oil. If necessary, thin out the red lentil dip with water until it reaches desired consistency. Serve garnished with additional cilantro and olive oil.