Although preparing regular home cooked meals can be difficult, it is worth every effort! If you want to change up dinnertime and try something new, this easy salmon recipe is an opportunity to gather and refresh while spending time together around the table enjoying a good meal. Salmon fillets are poached briefly in a citrus and vegetable broth then served with a cream and chive sauce, accompany with white rice to round-up this family pleaser.
Ingredient list for Citrus-Chive Salmon And Vegetable
Preparation time : 15 minutes — Cooking time : 15 minutes
- 1 pound (450g) salmon fillet
- 1 beautiful leek
- 4 carrots
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic orange
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- Coarse salt
- 1 cube of fish stock
Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (20g) butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1/2 cup (10cl) liquid cream
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Wash and slice finely the white part of the leek. Peel the carrots and cut into small sticks. Rinse and brush citrus, collect the zest with a vegetable peeler or zester. Squeeze the fruits to collect the juice.
2. Put the vegetables, zest, citrus juice, peppercorns, cloves and salt into a large saucepan. Cover with water, add the fish stock and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the salmon into cubes and cook in the vegetable broth for 3 minutes. Remove the vegetables and salmon with a straining ladle, then remove the zest and spices and keep warm in aluminum foil.
4. Filter the broth through a mesh strainer.
5. Rinse the saucepan, and melt butter over low heat. When butter is melted and start bubbling add the flour and mix. Be careful not to brown the butter. Pour the filtered broth and whisk until the sauce thickens.
6. Add the cream, chopped chives and cayenne pepper, cook for one minute more.
7. Divide vegetables and salmon onto plates, add the sauce and serve with rice.
(Photo by Marion Deveaud)