Scones make delectable treats for breakfast, afternoon tea, and even midnight snacks. If you’ve never indulged in a batch of these fresh-baked goods, there’s no reason to miss out now! This creative recipe is a small twist of the breakfast classic raisin scones, producing rich, fluffy treats to enjoy with lemon curd or butter and jelly.
Ingredients list for the raisins scones
Makes 15 scones:
- 5 cups (500g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) of milk or buttermilk
- 1 cup (160g) raisins
- 1 stick (110g) unsalted butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Sift the flour and combine with baking powder, sugar and salt and mix well. Add the diced butter at room temperature and incorporate to the flour with your fingertips.
2. Add raisins and milk and mix with a fork, then knead briefly with hands; add a little flour if necessary.
3. Roll to 1-inch (3cm) thickness; cut with a floured 2-inch cookie cutter.
4. Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with the beaten egg and bake at 360°F (180°C) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool on a rack. Serve with butter and jam.