You should really try these bread rolls with provencal flavors, ideal to accompany your summer salads… You can also use the dough to make pizza (without the olives in the crust of course) or calzone. If you don’t like black olives you can replace them with green or purple ones.
Ingredients list for the olive and thyme bread rolls
- 1 cup (210ml) of lukewarm water
- 3 1/2 cups (350g) flour (spelt or wheat)
- 2 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 coffee spoon salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp thyme
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the dry ingredients. Slowly add the liquid while kneading (you can do it by hand).
2. Let rise in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Degas the dough incorporate black olives pitted and cut into pieces.
4. Make small balls of dough, let rise and bake for 30 min in a preheated oven at 360°f (180°c) for about 20 minutes.
These bread rolls freeze very well, do not hesitate to double the dose to always have some on hand.
Read also: How to Make Beautiful Baguettes Bread