Garlic Butter Chicken and Asparagus — Garlic lovers will love this garlic butter chicken baked with a side of asparagus. Crisp at the perfection, this one pan dish will have your family gathering around the table in no time for a busy weeknight!
Ingredients list for the garlic butter sheet pan chicken
- 6 to 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 to 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 coffeespoon Italian herbs (dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Slices of lemon, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lemon juice, garlic, honey, Italian herbs; season with salt and pepper, to taste and set aside.
3. In a skillet over medium fire, brown chicken thighs on both sides for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
4. Arrange browned chicken thighs and asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Drizzle and brush the butter mixture over the chicken and asparagus and arrange lemon slices on top of chicken.
6. Bake into the oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired. Enjoy! ♡