Ingredients list for the whole roasted cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups (1l) vegetable or chicken stock, more or less, depending on the size of the cauliflower
- 1/3 cup (70)g melted butter
- Fresh cracked pepper
Want a printer-friendly version of the recipe with full nutritional values?
Download your Whole roasted cauliflower with butter sauce recipe card with nutrition info!
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Trim the bottom of the cauliflower and remove all the leaves and the stem, but without breaking apart. Give it a quick rinse and pat dry.
2. Place the whole cauliflower in a pot and cover with stock, add fresh thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12 minutes.
3. Drain and transfer the cauliflower head in a cast iron skillet or any oven proof pan. Ladle a little of the cooking stock over the cauliflower then drizzle with melted butter on top. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your cauliflower, until golden. Baste with cooking juice from time to time. Check with a knife, if it slides in easily, then it’s cooked. You can broil for an extra 2 minutes if you want to give it a bit more color, but keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
5. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Slice, and serve with an extra drizzle of the buttery cooking juices.
Note: For a smokey non-vegetarian version, add crumbled bacon on top of the roasted cauliflower.
- When selecting cauliflower, it should have compact curds that are clean. Look for thick, compact, heads of creamy white florets, with no spots or bruising, and firm to the touch.
- Remove the stalk from the head by cutting around it with a sharp knife. When the stalk is removed, the core with the florets attached will be remaining.
- Don’t wash cauliflower until you’re going to cut it up and cook it because residual moist will spoil the vegetable. You can soak it in salted water or vinegar water to force out any insects lodged within the floret.
Download your Whole roasted cauliflower with butter sauce recipe card to save!
- Read easily and store in your tablet
- Print in a breeze and keep in your recipes binder
- Track your calories count with the nutrition info
You’ll receive a downloadable PDF file immediately after your purchase. It includes a picture, the ingredients list, clear instructions for the recipe, and the nutritional values. Click here to download your recipe card.