Roasted butternut squash is blended with carrots for a smooth, elegant soup lightened up with fresh cilantro. This healthy soup is full of vitamins A and C, a power house of antioxidants to help fight ageing and disease!
Ingredients list for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 1/2 lb (250g) butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) water or vegetable stock
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place butternut squash and carrots onto the prepared baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Roast in the oven until softened and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Let cool and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and fry, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add roasted butternut and carrots to the pot, cover with vegetable stock or water and 1/2 teaspoon salt, a pinch of cinnamon and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Puree with an immersion blender; season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve in individual bowls or cups, sprinkled with fresh chopped cilantro.