I love nothing more than my grandmother’s handwritten recipe cards. You know, those recipes written on cardboard, or school notebooks, with tons of annotations in the margins? One day you stumble upon one in a drawer, and good old family memories start to flow into your mind… This pineapple upside down cake is one of these heartwarming recipes – certainly my grandpa’s favorite. So, are you up to it? This recipe is quite easy and I hope you’ll enjoy making it — and eating it — as much as I did. Treat yourself and your loved ones with a sweet moment for good memories!
Ingredient list for the pineapple upside down cake recipe
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) soft butter
- A bit less than 1 cup (180g) of sugar
- 1 3/4 (175g) of flour
- 3 tsp (11g) baking powder
- 1 can of ananas slices in syrup
- 4/5 cup (20 cl) of water
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Dissolve 3 1/2 oz (100g) of sugar in 20cl of water in a cake pan.
3. Drain pineapple slices (keep the syrup) and line the bottom of the cake pan.
4. In a bowl, mix the butter and remaining sugar (80g), then add the eggs one by one, followed by the flour and baking powder.
5. Once the mixture is well blended, add the remaining pineapple cut into small pieces.
6. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Leave to cool, unmold turning the cake upside-down, and then sprinkle with the pineapple syrup.
(Photo: by bleuducitron)