You’ll be delighted by this pesto chicken pasta, packed full of mediterranean flavors. Pesto coated chicken is seared then tossed with basil and fresh tomatoes in al dente pasta. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese adds a sharp finish to this fresh and easy dinner, ready in 30 minutes.
Ingredients list for the Pesto Chicken Caprese Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound cooked pasta + 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Chopped fresh basil, for topping
- Grated parmesan, for topping
1. Coat chicken breasts with basil pesto and kosher salt and pepper, to taste. Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and grill chicken until fully cooked, about 5-10 minutes depending on thickness. Slice and set aside.
2. To the same skillet add minced garlic, a tablespoon pesto (optional) and crushed pepper flakes. Simmer just for a few minutes just to combine flavors. Moisten with reserved pasta water and add Parmesan. When cheese is melted, add in the cooked pasta and toss well. You can also drizzle on a bit of olive oil or add more pesto if you want.
3. Add in sliced chicken with diced tomatoes and allow to reheat for a couple of minutes. Top with fresh basil, grated parmesan, black pepper and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.