Try this easy one-skillet gnocchi recipe for a super fast and delicious Mediterranean meal. With healthy fibers, fresh veggies, and intense flavors this versatile dish is also a one-pan clean up!
Ingredients list for the One-Skillet Mediterranean Gnocchi
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 or 2 zucchini
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Coarse kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 scallion, chopped
- Shredded cheese, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 420°F (210°C). Slice grape tomatoes in half lengthwise, cut zucchini lengthwise then make 1/4 inch slices.
2. In a 10-inch or larger cast iron skillet, add the tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, onion, fennel seeds and gnocchi. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and add one tablespoon water. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine and put in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until gnocchi have soaked in the juices and tomatoes and zucchini are slightly browned.
3. Remove the skillet from the oven and stir in the chopped scallion and cheese (optional). Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Recipe notes: We specify a cast iron skillet because we think it guarantees an even browning in the oven, and allows a quick reheat on the stove if necessary. However, any deep skillet or sauté pan that goes to the oven should work as well, provided it doesn’t have a nonstick coating; a good old baking dish could also do the trick.