Here’s a granola bar recipe with coconut, honey, walnuts, hazelnuts, raisins and cranberries. Either taking some power up while hiking or have a good comfort snack after intensive efforts, it’s still delicious!
But no need to be into sports to really appreciate these granola bars for breakfast or afternoon breaks. So yes, you can easily understand what motivation really pushed me to make it.
You can vary with an infinity of ingredients: dried mango, pineapple, nuts, chocolate… provided you keep the original ingredients: oats, butter and golden syrup.
Ingredients list for Oats and Coconut Cereal Bars
- 5 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) salted butter
- 5 1/4 ounces (150g) rolled oats
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) of grated coconut
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) of a mixture of dried cranberries and raisins
- 2 ounces (60g) mixed nuts (hazelnuts and brazil nuts)
- 2/3 ounces (20g) sunflower seeds
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 360°f (180°c). Grease a rectangular baking pan.
2. In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat with the golden syrup and honey until the mixture becomes homogeneous.
3. Off the heat, add the oats, coconut, dried fruits, nuts and hazelnuts.
4. Pour the mixture into your greased pan making sure to spread it evenly to the edges. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
5. At the exit of the oven, cut your granola out from the baking pan. Let cool completely before unmolding.
Read also: 5 essential appliances for a good breakfast