Green peas with a hint of feta cheese make this puree irresistible for a well-rounded spring breakfast. Enjoy this healthy spread on a toast with an egg, or as a bright green dip for veggies.
Ingredients list for the egg and mashed peas on toast
- 1 egg, poached
- Slice of bread
- ½ cup green peas
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Cilantro, thinly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili pepper powder (optional)
1. Place peas in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes, then rinse with cold water and drain. Mash peas with a bit of olive oil, feta cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper.
2. Boil an egg for 3-4 minutes. White should be firm but yolk should remains runny.
3. On a slice of toasted bread place mashed peas and the egg, season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of chili powder.