It’s time to put some sunshine onto our plates, don’t you think? This easy marinated squids recipes will complement your appetizers, salads or bruschetta with a spicy and crispy touch.
Ingredients list Grilled Marinated Squid
- 1 3/4 lbs (800g) small squids
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
1. Thoroughly clean the squid (or have your fishmonger do it for you).
2. Cut squid into strips, leaving the tentacles whole. Put all the pieces in a large bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Coat all the pieces and cook on a hot griddle or cast iron grill. Squid will lose its first water and start to color. Meanwhile, gather the chopped garlic, parsley and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix.
4. Add the breadcrumbs onto the flavored squid, stir and leave to brown or a few minutes.
5. Discard the squid in a large bowl and season with oil, vinegar and Espelette pepper.
6. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and leave to cool. Refrigerate until it’s ready to serve.
You can serve these fried squid as an appetizer or associated with goat cheese and marinated peppers on a slice of bread.
(Image by Dominique)