The roasted peppers is a recipe that smells like summer. There is nothing like your own roasted peppers, and its incomparably fresh and sweet, perhaps the best thing you can do with bell peppers, which can also serve as tapas. Here, I have used red peppers, but you can use peppersthat are different colors as well such as green or orange.
How to roast peppers
Roasted Peppers: ingredients you’ll need
- 4 Organic peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs of parsley (with fresh coriander is not bad either)
- olive oil
Roasted Peppers: preparation
Preheat oven to 390°F (200°c)
1. Wash the peppers, place them into a rimmed baking dish. Roast or broil the peppers for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally as each side browns, until they have darkened and collapsed.
2. Put peppers into a bowl, so they can finish cooking and the skin can come off more easily. Chop the garlic and parsley.
3. Open the peppers, remove seeds.
4. Remove skin, normally it is easily removed with your fingers. Trim off all the internal parts that are normally white when the peppers are raw.
5. Soak up on absorbent paper. Cut into strips of about 1 to 2 cm wide.
6. Season, add garlic, chopped parsley and oil, and then mix. Marinate at least two hours or overnight in the fridge (is better).
Conservation of roasted peppers
Two to three days in the fridge. Otherwise, freeze (before putting the garlic, parsley and oil) and marinate peppers as needed.
6 Ways to Eat Roasted Peppers
- On a green salad
- With a fork
- On a sandwich or bruschetta
- Tossed with pasta
- Puréed in a blender with another ¼ cup (or more) olive oil and salt to make a condiment that’s good for anything from burgers to steamed fish
- Puréed in a blender or food processor with 1 cup cream cheese or sour cream to make a spread
You can roast any kind of pepper, but red, yellow, and orange are sweeter than green. If you prefer the sharp flavor of green peppers, you’ll love them roasted. Poblano chiles can also be roasted, but the skins are more difficult to remove.
To roast peppers on a grill: prepare a grill, the heat should be medium-high and the rack must be set about 4 inches from the fire. When the fire is hot, put the peppers directly on the rack, over the heat. Grill, turning as each side darkens, until peppers collapse. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes. Then, continue with step 2: Put peppers in a bowl, so they can finish cooking and the skin will come off easier.
So what do you think about this roasted peppers recipe?