Here’s a delicate chocolate and ginger mousse; ideal to finish a dinner. Fresh ginger is added to milk to flavor up the dark chocolate. Somehow it reminds me of Belgian chocolates with their very subtle fruity fragrances. I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 6 ounces (170g) of dark chocolate
- 8 cup whole milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 egg whites
- 2 1/2 tbsp (20g) of powdered sugar
- A knob of fresh ginger
1. Grate the chocolate into small pieces.
2. Bring the milk to a boil with the ginger juice (you can use a garlic press). Off the heat, add the chocolate and stir well to obtain a smooth and creamy mixture.
3. Add the egg yolk. Do not over mix otherwise the mixture will harden.
4. Separately, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff. Gradually add sugar while continuing to whisk.
5. Add a quarter of the chocolate mixture to the egg whites, beating briskly to soften the texture. Then add the remaining chocolate to the egg whites gently and very slowly so as not to break them.
6. Pour the mixture into glasses and keep for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. You can top with Chantilly cream and chocolate beads just before serving.