A slice of wholesomeness — Not only quiches are comforting but they also have a real nutritional value, a bit like a hearty meal in itself. This quiche is packed with broccoli florets, eggs, ham, brie cheese, and just the perfect amount of spices to satisfy your taste buds and keep you coming back for more.
Ingredients list for the broccoli quiche Recipe
For 6 people:
- 2/3 lb (300g) broccoli
- 1/3 lb (150g) of Serrano ham (or any air cured ham)
- 7 ounces (200g) sliced Brie cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150ml) cream
- 1/5 cup (50ml) of milk
- Espelette pepper (optional)
For the pastry:
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) white all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (rosemary, thyme)
- Poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of cold water
1. Lightly grease the mold if not non-stick.
2. Mix the flour, salt and herbs in a bowl. Add the oil and mix with a fork. Add water and stir until it is absorbed, then knead the dough gently to form a ball.
3. Flatten then place the dough in the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
1. Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°F).
2. Prepare the broccoli: wash, cut into small florets and steam them for ten minutes (they should stay a bit crunchy). Move immediately under cold water so they keep their bright green color.
3. Cut the ham and brie into slices.
4. In a bowl, add the eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Espelette pepper. Mix well.
5. Out of the fridge, prick the dough with a fork. Arrange cooked broccoli florets and pour the egg mixture, Serrano ham and brie (cut into slices).
6. Bake for about 35 minutes.
You can serve this broccoli quiche warm or cold with a green salad.