Not only quiches and savory pies are comforting but they have a real nutritional value, they are a whole menu on their own. Don’t wait to quickly test this flavored broccoli quiche: it’s tasty and very quick to make.
Ingredients list for the broccoli quiche
For 6 people:
- 2/3 lb (300g) broccoli
- 1/3 lb (150g) of Serrano ham (or any air cured ham)
- 7 ounces (200g) sliced Brie cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150ml) cream
- 1/5 cup (50ml) of milk
- Espelette pepper (optional)
For the pastry (for a mold of 28 to 30 cm):
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) white flour
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried herbs (rosemary, thyme)
- Poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of cold water
Preparation of pastry dough
1. Lightly grease the mold if not non-stick.
2. Mix the flour, salt and herbs in a bowl. Add the oil and mix with a fork. Add water and stir until it is absorbed, then knead the dough gently to form a ball.
3. Flatten then place the dough in the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
The preparation of the ham cheese and broccoli quiche
1. Preheat oven to 390°f (200°c).
2. Prepare the broccoli: wash, cut into small florets and steam them for ten minutes (they should stay a bit crunchy). Move immediately under cold water so they keep their bright green color.
3. Cut the ham and brie into slices.
4. In a bowl, add the eggs, cream, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and Espelette pepper. Mix well.
5. At the exit of the fridge, prick the dough with a fork. Arrange cooked broccoli florets and pour the egg mixture, Serrano ham and brie into slices.
6. bake for about 35 minutes.
You can eat this broccoli quiche warm or cold with a green salad.