A good breakfast kick starts your morning and pancakes are like comfort and happiness in the form of a sweet treat. These seasonal strawberry pancakes get a little flavor boost from the addition of lemon juice, but I encourage you to use this recipe as a canvas, customizing it as you see fit. Add maple syrup, chocolate chips, berries, nuts, or other fruit to make them your own!
Preparation time: 10 min + 30 min resting – Cooking: 30 min
Ingredients list for the strawberry pancakes
makes 10-12 pancakes:
- 1 3/4 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8g – 0.25oz – 1 packet) of baking powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup (355ml) milk
- A dash of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (to grease the pan)
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Combine milk and lemon juice and allow to sit for 10 minutes, then add the egg and beat well. Meanwhile, in another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Dig a well in the middle and slowly pour the milk and egg mixture. Mix and allow to sit for 30 minutes, covered with plastic wrap or a lid.
2. Preheat a large nonstick pan or skillet over medium-low heat and melt a little butter. When the pan is hot enough (pour one drop of dough to check) pour 1 ladle (1/4 cup) of batter and fry pancakes on both sides until golden.
3. Serve warm with maple syrup, strawberries, and chocolate chips (optional), and have a great breakfast!