It is said that food tastes better when you eat it with your family. If you feel inspired to cook something new for the ones you love, try this quick, easy and SO tender basil garlic chicken, drenched in a rich tomato sauce. A rich and flavorful dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Ingredients list for the chicken breasts in spicy tomato sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 crumbled bouillon cube
- 2 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- Basil leaves, thinly sliced
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
The chicken breasts
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add chicken strips an cook gently for 2 minutes. Stir to turn the chicken and add crumbled bouillon cube and black pepper. Keep turning until chicken is cooked on all sides, but not browned, about 4 minutes. Set aside, covered with foil.
1. Heat the olive oil in the same skillet set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add the diced tomatoes, bring the sauce to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Nestle the chicken strips into the sauce and spoon sauce over to coat well, finish cooking for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
4. Serve over rice, pasta or enjoy on its own with garlic croutons.