Teriyaki Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry — Tender shrimp are sautéed in a delicious homemade teriyaki sauce along with crunchy broccoli and sweet bell peppers. So easy to make and it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish.
Ingredients list for the Teriyaki Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 lb (450g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook rice according to package directions. In the meantime, combine shrimp and cornstarch in a bowl; mix to combine and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
2. In the meantime, prepare the sauce: combine soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey into a bowl.
3. Heat a wok or skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and add shrimp; season with salt and pepper and cook shrimp for 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons oil and stir in garlic; cook for half a minute, until fragrant. Add broccoli and red bell pepper, and continue to cook for about one minute.
5. Stir in shrimp and the prepared sauce; bring to a boil. Continue to cook for 1 minute, until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice. Enjoy! ♡