When it comes to curling up with a bowl of something warm and satisfying, you really can’t beat this slow cooker chicken bolognese penne pasta. This light version of pasta Bolognese takes just 5 minutes of prep before the slow cooker does the rest of the work for you. Easy and delicious!
Ingredients list for the Slow Cooker Chicken Bolognese Pasta
- 1/2 lb (200g) penne pasta
- 1/2 lb (200g) ground chicken
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500ml) crushed tomato
- 1/5 cup (50ml) red wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Add ground chicken to your slow cooker. Sprinkle over the salt, pepper and bay leaf. Pour over the minced onion, garlic, crushed tomato, crushed bouillon cube and red wine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, without opening the lid.
3. Once cooking is done, cook pasta al dente on the stove-top according to the package directions.
4. Drain the pasta very well. Adjust seasoning for the sauce then add the pasta to the chicken bolognese sauce in the slow cooker. Stir pasta to coat and cover for 10 more minutes so pasta can finish cooking and soak up a bit of the sauce. Serve sprinkled with shredded cheese and cracked black pepper and enjoy!