An irresistible treat for any time of year — Duck breasts may seem too fancy for the average weeknight but they roast up beautifully and quickly so why not making them the centerpiece of a chic dinner at home? With the intense flavor of pan-roasted celeriac pairing heavenly with roasted duck breast, this recipe is full of good autumn flavors. Definitely one that will impress.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Ingredients lits for roasted duck breast with celery root
Serves 4 :
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 celery root, medium
- 2 shallots
- 1 oz (25g) butter
- Sunflower oil
- (20 cl) veal stock
1. Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Peel the celeriac and cut it into large cubes. Steam for 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, Using sharp knife, score skin of duck breasts in crisscross pattern. Season with salt and fry over high heat in a skillet for 4 minutes skin side (no need to add oil – Collect the drained fat, you can use it for future recipes). Put the meat skin side down in a baking dish and roast for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce: Slice the shallots and fry in a little oil. Add the veal stock and thyme and reduce for 5 minutes, then set aside.
5. Once the celeriac has finished cooking, melt the butter in a pan, add a tablespoon of oil. Add the diced celeriac and stir-fry for 15 minutes over medium heat.
6. When the celeriac and duck are cooked, slice the duck breasts and arrange onto serving plates with juice. It’s ready!