Nothing is like the aroma of freshly baked bread in the kitchen don’t you think? This easy and delicious loaf, packed with sweet flavors of hazelnuts and ginger, makes a perfectly comforting addition to any meal, breakfast or mid-afternoon tea.
Ingredients list for the hazelnut & ginger bread
- 7oz (200g) salted butter soft
- 1 1/2 cup (200g) ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup (180g) sugar
- 2/3 cups (120g) flour
- 3 eggs
- The juice of one lemon + some zest
- 1 teaspoon (7g – 0.25 oz – 1/2 packet) of baking powder
- 1/2 oz (15g) candied ginger cut into small dices
- 2/3 cups (80g) icing sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Work the butter, add the sugar and whisk for a few minutes until frothy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time mixing, then add hazelnuts.
4. Set 1 tablespoon of lemon juice aside for the icing, and the remaining lemon juice into the batter.
5. Then add the flour and baking powder. Mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture, add the ginger.
6. Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes. The tip of the knife should come out clean, but be careful not to overcook.
7. Let cool, then prepare the glaze by mixing the icing sugar with lemon juice. Add a little water if it is not liquid enough, and pour over the cake. Allow the icing to set, it’s ready!
(Picture by Pich a la Fraise)