Longing for more than yet another limp salad? These tuna and avocado wraps totally are the perfect fix to beat the lunch box blues. The perfect balance of complex carbs, protein and healthy fats will keep you full and satisfied for hours! You can easily pack it for work, and lunchbox and the tuna mixture keeps for up to 2 days so you can enjoy it for half the week.
Ingredients list for the avocado tuna wraps
Makes 6 wraps:
For the wraps
- 3 large tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes ( or 8 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 iceberg lettuce
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
For the tuna guacamole
- 1 can of tuna in brine
- 1 beautiful ripe avocado
- 2/3 cup (150g) cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1/2 small bunch of coriander
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 drops of hot sauce ( Tabasco, Sriracha…)
1. Drain and crumble tuna. Set aside.
2. Collect the avocado flesh and add the lime juice. Chop cilantro.
3. Mix the cream cheese with avocado flesh in a large bowl.
4. Stir in tuna and cilantro. Season with hot sauce and mix well.
5. Peel and cut cucumber sticks. Dice the tomatoes.
6. Spread the tuna guacamole over each tortilla generously. Cover with a few salad leaves.
7. Divide the cucumber sticks and tomato on one half of tortilla and then add a little guacamole on top.
8. Roll the tortilla and cut each tortilla in half. You can tie the tortilla roll with a toothpick or food grade string.
(Picture by Nina Plamer)