Ingredients list for the Thai Salad
- 1 pounds (500g) potatoes with firm flesh charlotte Type
- 2 red onions
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 organic lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup (10ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) salted peanuts, coarsely crushed
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 1 small red chili pepper
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Steam potatoes for 30 minutes.
2. Cut the cucumber in half, remove the seeds and then slice into thin strips.
3. Peel the onions and slice thinly
4. Collect lime zest and squeeze the fruit to keep the juice.
5. In a bowl, mix the lemon juice and fish sauce. Add salt and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves, then add the lime zest, onions and coconut milk. Mix well.
6. Peel the potatoes (skin should come off easily) and cut into cubes. Divide among 4 serving bowls.
7. Add cucumber sticks and drizzle with sauce.
8. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts and cilantro leaves and serve.
(Photo by: Miamourdises)