Need an energy boost? Then these bars packed with energy boosting ingredients are what you need! With oatmeal, coconut, honey and peanut butter they make a perfect breakfast on-the-go or afternoon snack that will help boost your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer. A real treat for kids and adults too!
Ingredients list for the Energy Bars
- 1 cup (160g) steel-cut oats (those that takes about 3 min to cook)
- 1 cup (80g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (80g) mini-chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (90g) peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (100g) honey
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Combine dry ingredients—coconut, chocolate chips, oatmeal—in a large bowl. Add the honey and peanut butter and mix well until you get a thick, sticky mixture. You can add a little more oatmeal if it’s too gooey.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the oatmeal mixture on the parchment, flatten with a spatula, a spoon, or a rolling pin to get an even thickness. Form a square or a rectangle by straightening the edges with the spatula.
3. Cut to the desired size then put in the refrigerator (or freezer) for an hour or so to make the bars solidify. Once refrigerated, the bars will be less sticky and separate easily.