It’s time for a good mustard pork stew. You’ll see that pork is a very versatile meat that you almost cannot miss to cook. That’s an easy “set and forget” recipe for cooking beginners that makes a delightful dish for an evening dinner. You’ll be able to serve it with al dente pasta or white rice for a better “impact”.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: about 1:30
Difficulty: very easy
Ingredients list: mustard seeds pork stew
For 4 people :
- 4 sides of pork in the spine (1lb – 500 g)
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup (10 cl) of white wine
- 1 1/4 cup (30 cl) chicken stock — get the recipe here — or use a cube stock with the same amount of water.
- 1 tbsp thick cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Warm up olive oil in a crockpot.
2. Peel the onions and garlic, chop them finely.
3. Put onion and garlic in the crockpot, then sauté until onions are translucent.
4. Add meat cut into regular cubes, then stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes over high heat.
5. Add the white wine and let reduce to 1/3.
6. Add mustard seeds, mix, then add chicken stock.
7. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat under the pot. Simmer with very small boiling bubbles for 1:30 (or until meat is tender).
8. After about one hour and half, the meat should be very tender. Add the heavy cream, and mix.
9. Heat the mixture again, and remove the pan from the heat when it comes to boiling again — cream shouldn’t boil, so watch out.
10. Serve immediately with pasta, or better: white rice sprinkled with a mustard sauce.
NB: If your sauce becomes too thick – for thoughtlessness, forgetfulness, dinner next day, or I do not know why – dilute the sauce with the remaining broth … and we get a small dish as “new”.
Why not trying The Bacardi Cocktail ?