When summer finally hits its stride, bruschetta are a wonderfully easy way to cook and eat. Theses thick slices of bread, toasted and piled high with flavorful toppings—strawberry, melon and ricotta—, will make your mouth water. You can serve these small tasty snacks as part of a finger buffet or make larger ones for a full meal that you eat with a knife and fork. What more could you want?
Ingredients list for Melon Strawberries Bruchetta
- 4 slices of country bread
- A dozen strawberries
- A small melon
- A few leaves of arugula
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) ricotta cheese or goat cheese (you can also use brie)
- Olive oil
- Dried melon seeds (optional)
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200°C). Slice the bread and place on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 3 minutes, then flip each piece over and toast for 3 minutes more.
2. Meanwhile, wash strawberries, remove stems and cut in half or quarters.
3. Cut the melon in half, collect the seeds and scoop out small balls using a melon baller.
Optional step: Wash and dry the melon seeds thoroughly with a small towel. Roast for about 15 minutes in a frying pan over low heat. Add a little salt and set aside for the final topping.
4. Rub garlic on the bread toasts and spread the ricotta cheese over. Top with melon balls and strawberries. Add arugula, season with salt and pepper and drizzle each bruschetta with olive oil. Sprinkle with some toasted melon seeds and serve immediately!
(Photo by Angie)