Talk about comfort food! This loaded cauliflower casserole is a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes, but far more flavorful! It offers the same texture with significantly fewer calories and carbs, and a much bigger dose of fiber and vitamin C! A low carb dish you can make ahead of time and finish off at the last minute for a really busy day!
Ingredients list for the Loaded Mashed Cauliflower
- 1/2 cauliflower (approx. 1 pound, 450g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallion
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Divide the cauliflower into florets, rinse, drain and add them to a microwaveable bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth and cover with plastic wrap.
2. Microwave the bowl for 5-8 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked through and tender. Discard excess water and allow to cool down for a couple of minutes.
3. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender and process until you get a cauliflower rice texture. Add the butter, sour cream and garlic and process until you obtain a texture like mashed potatoes.
4. Transfer to a bowl and add tomato, celery and chopped scallion, mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a baking dish and top the loaded cauliflower with cheese and scallion. Place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese, serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Low Carb Maven.