Hot Lemon Ginger and Honey! It’s always beneficial to have some detox from time to time to get rid of toxins. Here’s a good homemade recipe for a detox tea that your grandmother was certainly using without even knowing it would be called detox one day!
Ingredients list for the homemade detox tea
Serve 2 cups:
- 1 lemon (or citrus fruit of your choice: yuzu, bergamot)
- 1 inch (3 cm) fresh ginger root
- 2 cups (50 cl) of water
- 4 tablespoons of honey.
1. Wash the lemon (or other citrus). Slice half into thin slices and squeeze the other half to collect the juice.
2. Peel and grate the ginger.
3. Bring the water to a boil.
4. Pour hot water into a teapot.
5. Add the juice and slices of lemon, honey and ginger.
6. Let infuse for 5 minutes then serve.