Colorful bell peppers, tomato, lamb lettuce and a sunny egg up on Filo pastry make this lighter version of pizza worthy of sharing for a light summer supper.
Ingredients list for the filo pizza
- 6-8 Filo pastry sheets
- 3 bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can (200g) tomato puree
- 1 egg
- Lamb lettuce
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil and walnut oil
One-Pan Cajun Chicken with Potatoes
1. Remove stem of the bell peppers. Cut in thin strips and discard the white pith and seeds. In a skillet, heat olive oil and a knob of butter. Add peppers and crushed garlic cloves. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, then add tomato puree and cook until bell peppers are tender.
2. Preheat your oven to 360°F(180°C).
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Layer the filo sheets on top of one another, brushing each one generously with melted butter as you layer. Spread the bell peppers and tomato paste over the top, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
4. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, cook eggs in a skillet, salt and pepper. Drizzle lamb lettuce with olive oil and walnut oil. When the pizza is done, remove from oven and top with eggs and lamb lettuce before serving.