Cheese or dessert, why must we have to choose? At the end of the meal it is sometimes difficult to do without one or the other… With these tarts you have the perfect compromise.
The pie crust is made of a mixture of wheat and buckwheat. And it works very well with the figs and goat cheese… but you can use a classic or shortbread pastry, add a little powdered almonds and olive oil. This recipe differs a bit from our previous fig and blue cheese pie recipe or fig and apple chutney recipe.
It is necessary to pre-cook the crust alone first, then cook the whole tart with the filling for the second turn to prevent the dough to be soaked with cheese and figs juice. You can do this step in advance and keep the pre-baked crust refrigerated.
Ingredients list for Figs and Goat Cheese Tarts
You can order these easily on Amazon:
- 1 1/4 cup (130 g) of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (70 g) of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup (100 g) salted butter
- A little water
- 12 fresh figs
- 12 walnut halves
- 7 ounces (200 g) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- A few chives
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
1. In a bowl, mix flour. Add the cold butter into small pieces and work with your fingertips to get a sand texture. Add water gradually and form a ball. Wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Then spread the dough and divide into several tart pans. Prick with a fork and refrigerate for as long as oven heating.
2. Precooking: turn the oven at 360°F (180°c). Cover the tart shells with parchment paper and some weight to prevent the paper to uncover the dough. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and the weight and bake for 5 minutes more.
3. Fill the tart shells with diced goat cheese. Salt and pepper lightly. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Divide the figs cut into quarters and nuts. Drizzle with honey. Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve hot or warm.