This fig and apple chutney is an ideal accompaniment for white meats, foie gras, but also for cheese boards—try with fresh goat cheese. It keeps same way as a jam, and can make a nice gourmet gift.
Ingredients lits for Figs and Apple Chutney Recipe
You can easily order some of the specific ingredients form this recipe via Amazon:
Small glass jars were found at Amazon.
For 6 jars:
- 1 lb (500 g) of fresh figs
- 2 apples
- 1 1/4 cup (150g) of sugar
- 1 / 2 cup cider vinegar (or raspberry)
- 1 / 2 teaspoon cinnamon (or allspice)
- 1 pinch of Espelette pepper
- Salt and pepper
Cooking instruction for the Figs and Apple Chutney
1. Clean the figs. Cut them into quarters. Peel and cut apples into cubes. Put everything in a saucepan with sugar, vinegar, spices and a pinch of salt. Heat until boiling. Reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Ladle the hot chutney in sterilized jars. Close immediately. Turn the jars until completely cooled. Wait for 48 hours before consuming. The fig chutney jars can be stored in the refrigerator.