This dark chocolate sorbet recipe is largely inspired by the chocolate sorbet recipe from the book “The House of Chocolate”, by Robert Linxe, published by “Chène”. I just substituted 25 grams of caster sugar with 30 grams of glucose syrup. You can replace glucose syrup with honey.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Sorbet
Ingredients list for dark chocolate sorbet
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 pint (1/2 L) of water
- 1/2 cup (100 g) of granulated sugar
- 1 ounce (30 g) of glucose
- 3 1/2 tbsp (25 g) of bitter cocoa powder
- 5 ounces (150 g) of dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- A little vanilla powder
1. Put the glucose syrup in a saucepan.
Sift cocoa powder in the saucepan.
Add the caster sugar and vanilla powder.
Then add water.
2. Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, stirring with a whisk.
Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour one third of the mixture over the crushed dark chocolate and mix with a whisk.
Pour another third and mix. At this stage, the chocolate must be melted.
4. Finally, add the last third of the mixture while mixing.
5. Then put the chocolate mix to cool, stirring occasionally. Here I used an ice “bath” – just like a bain-marie but with ice cubes instead of warm water.
6. Put the device in the tray of your ice cream maker.
Churn for 40 minutes.
Remove the blade of the turbine, smooth the paste and set aside in the freezer… Your dark chocolate sorbet is ready!
So what do you think of this Dark Chocolate Sorbet Recipe? Also Read: How to Make a Homemade Tomato Sauce