With a hint of garlic and ginger, this humble skillet chicken with spinach cream sauce makes one incredible midweek meal in less than 30 minutes! You’ll go a long way rounding up this vibrant dish with a good sprinkle of Cajun spices on top of the spinach sauce.
Ingredients list for the chicken skillet
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small knob fresh ginger, minced
- 1+1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 coffee spoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth (or 1 bouilon cube + water)
- 1 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed and chopped
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and stir fry for 3-5 minutes, then add chopped onion and cook about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and Cajun spices. Add in the garlic and ginger and stir fry for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, then the cream and mix until the mixture is smooth. Reduce heat and allow the sauce to thicken, about 5 minutes. Finally add in chopped spinach, stir well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is slightly wilted. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Remove from the heat, top with additional salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning if desired. Enjoy immediately on top of rice or pasta.