So gorgeous and flavorful! These stuffed tomatoes with chicken and quinoa will provide all the nutrition you need for a healthy, balanced meal.
Ingredients list for the chicken quinoa stuffed tomatoes
- 6 tomatoes, tops cut and seeded
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 7 ounces (200g) chicken breast or tights, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced (or a small bunch of parsley)
- 1 yellow onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C). Prepare a baking dish.
2. Meanwhile stir fry chicken, celery, fennel seeds and onion in a skillet with few drops of vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, chicken, fennel seeds, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Spoon the quinoa filling into each tomato cavity. Place on the prepared baking dish, cover with the tops, and bake until the tomatoes are tender and the quinoa filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.