Every weekend is worth celebrating when you can relax over a good brunch with friends or family — a time when both good food and good conversation are on the menu. To make your next Sundays feel more special, here is a French toast recipe that is sure to please the entire family! Filled with a sweet chestnut spread, and sprinkled with icing sugar, this scrumptious brunch fare is destined to become a household favorite. The recipe is pretty fail-safe for those who are a bit timid in the kitchen. You can find sweet chestnut spread in grocery stores or online; the Clement Faugier brand offers a good quality, with a slight and very pleasing vanilla flavor.
Preparation time: 5 min – Cooking time: 5 min
Ingredient list for the chestnut stuffed french toasts
- 8 slices of stale sweet bun, brioche, or Challah bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup (20cl) of milk
- Icing sugar
- Chestnut spread
1. In a large shallow dish or a large bowl, combine the 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of honey. Add milk and mix well.
2. Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. You’ll need 1 tablespoon of butter for every 2 slices of bread.
3. Once the butter is melted, quickly dip slices of stale sweet bun into the milk, one by one.
3. Then brown 2 slices at once for 2-3 minutes, flipping halfway, then transfer in a plate. Repeat this process until there’s no slices left.
4. Spread one slice of sweet bun with a tablespoon of chestnut spread and cover it with a second slice.
5. Sprinkle with icing sugar and cut into 2 diagonally. Serve hot with a cup of tea or coffee!
More French toast recipes: