What better way to wake up your Valentine than bringing a lovely breakfast to bed? Quick and very easy to make, these pomegranate and gingerbread French toasts will totally conquer your lover’s heart.
Ingredients for the gingerbread heart toasts
For 4 peoples
- 8 slices of gingerbread
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (20cl) of milk
- 3/4 ounce (20g) of honey or sugar
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- A pomegranate fruit and icing sugar for decoration
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
I used readymade gingerbread but you are welcome if you want to do it by yourself.
1. Cut 8 hearts in the gingerbread slices with a cookie cutter.
2. Combine the eggs with milk and honey (or sugar) with a fork in a bowl or shallow plate, then soak the gingerbread slices in.
3. Melt the butter t in a skillet and sear the gingerbread quickly on both sides over medium heat.
4. Cook for 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total) over low heat: it will caramelize the outside and the inside will remain soft…
Serve for breakfast or teatime, topped with iced sugar and fresh pomegranate seeds.