This well-balanced, sheet pan chicken dinner cuts down kitchen time without compromising on taste and nutrition. With minimal hands-on cooking required and easy breezy cleanup, you’ll have this low-carb, one-pan dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. What’s not to love?
Ingredients list for the baked chicken breasts
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split in 2
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeño, diced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 coffee spoon ground cumin
- 1 handful Italian cheese mix
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse and cut the spaghetti squash in half, remove seed, then cut into 1/2 inch rings. Arrange the rings on the baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a bowl, combine tomatoes, diced jalapeño, garlic, onion, cilantro, crumbled bouillon cube, cumin and set aside.
3. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and arrange on top of the spaghetti squash rings. Drizzle generously with the tomato salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. You can finish with 5 minutes in grill/broiler mode. Serve hot, directly from the pan after sprinkling with additional cheese and cilantro.
Note: Depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, it could take longer.