What would you think of a sweet apricot tart topped with crisp poppy seeds? Yes, you know those small black seeds that remain between your teeth when you try to offer your prettiest smile? The slightly tart taste of apricot is perfect for bringing summer onto the menu. If you want to balance the acidity, add a hint of sugar to the fruit. I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe.
Preparation time: 10 min – Cooking time: 30 min
Ingredient list for the Apricot Tart with Poppy Seeds
- 1 shortbread pastry
- 1 lb (500g) apricots
- 3 large eggs
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) sugar
- 2/3 cup (15 cl) heavy cream
- 1 3/4 tbsp (15g) poppy seeds
1. Butter a cake pan and garnish with the pastry.
2. Whisk the eggs with the cream, sugar and poppy seeds.
3. Pour over the pastry.
4. Cut apricots in half, pit them and spread over the tart.
5. Bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 360°F (180°C).
Serve just warm, adding a pinch of sugar or honey on top of each apricot.
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)