With its slightly creamy caramel sauce this almond milk ice cream is a pure delight. Almond milk replaces classic cow milk for a lighter and tastier ice cream. Almond milk can be added to any type of dessert like this almond milk rice pudding recipe. If you are already used to prepare great dishes and desserts with almond milk, check our almond milk recipes here.
Ingredients list for the salted butter caramel sauce
- 1 cup (150g) sugar
- 9 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup (20cl) cream
- 1/3 cup (80g) salted butter
Ingredients for the almond milk ice cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup (350ml) of almond milk
- 3/4 cup (20cl) whole cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Salted butter caramel sauce
1. Make a caramel with sugar and water.
2. Meanwhile heat the cream in a large bowl for one minute in the microwave.
3. When the caramel is brown, remove from heat (to prevent splashing) and pour the hot cream all at once and continue to mix well.
4. Return the caramel to the fire and add butter, cut into small cubes.
5. Continue to stir for 5 minutes so that the mixture thickens slightly.
6. Then remove from fire until it cools down a bit.
The ice cream
1. Gently heat the almond milk with the split vanilla bean, without boiling.
2. Meanwhile beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
3. Remove the vanilla pod, taking care beforehand to scrape the inside with a knife to collect the seeds and stir them into milk.
4. Add the almond milk to eggs and continue gently beating the mixture. Add dissolved cornstarch with a little water to the mixture and then turn on the fire.
5. Mix well and wait a few minutes that the mixture is thickened.
6. Allow the mixture to cool and then keep a few hours in the refrigerator.
7. Then add the cream, mix again, and transfer into the ice cream maker.
8. After putting the ice cream in the freezer for 30 minutes, coat the ice-cream balls with salted butter caramel sauce.