This kimchi udon noodles stir fry is an easy weeknight meal you can put on the table in just 15 mins. With a bit of spicy kick, this vegan dish offers a fine balance of savory and spicy flavors. Simply addictive!
Ingredients list for the Udon Noodles Stir Fry
- 1lb (450g) udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 scallions, white and pale-green parts, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- One 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup kimchi, plus 1/3 cup kimchi juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Cook udon noodles according to package directions, usually 2 to 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large pan over high. Cook white and pale-green parts of scallions, garlic, and ginger, stirring often, until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth, then whisk in gochujang and soy sauce. Add kimchi and simmer for a couple minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in cooked udon noodles.
4. Carefully divide among shallow plates or bowls. Serve with remaining chopped scallion and sprinkles of toasted sesame seeds.