Spring is definitely here… The heat and sun call for ice cream recipes, don’t you think? How can you resist the creaminess and flavor of this turrón ice cream that reminds me of the scent of past holidays in Spain? The turrón is a Spanish nougat you can easily find in supermarkets. This recipe is perfect if you don’t have an ice cream maker but you want to make something original for dessert!
Preparation: 10 minutes, Freezing: 4:00
Ingredients for turron ice cream recipe
- 1 bar (150g) of tender turon
- 1/2 cup (10 cl) whole cream
- 5 cups (1,2 L) milk
- 3 tbsp (25 g) powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Store the cream, bowl and the whisks from your mixer for 30 minutes in the freezer, so everything comes out very cold.
2. Mix half of the turrón bar with milk and sugar to obtain a smooth mixture.
3. Remove the cream from the freezer and beat in the cream. Stir gently with the turrón cream.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and add them to the mixture by gently lifting. Add the rest of the crumbled turrón, and mix again.
5. Pour into a container and put in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
Remove the ice cream 15 minutes before serving and leave it at room temperature; accompany it with a wafer.