Ah Tomato Basil Bruschetta—sooo easy, fresh and yummy with just a mixture of chopped tomatoes, balsamic, basil, and garlic, spooned over olive-oil brushed slices of toasted fresh baguette or whole grain Italian bread. These Tomato Basil Bruschetta are perfect for a snack or as a great appetizer for a party. One of the best ways to enjoy the Summer’s bounty for sure!
Ingredients list for Basil and Tomatoes Bruschetta
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 1 loaf whole grain french bread (or French baguette or similar Italian bread), sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus extra
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat your oven on broiler setting.
2. Place slices of bread on baking sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Broil the bread in oven for a few minutes (about 2 minutes ) on each side or until it is lightly browned. Remove from oven and rub with one clove of garlic (make sure to cut it in half before rubbing).
3. In a bowl, mix lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and ground pepper.
4. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Mince the last garlic clove and add it to the tomato mixture.
5. Put tomato topping on bread, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.