Loaded with Vitamin C, folate and beta-carotene, tangerine is a tasty citrus fruit with a stronger taste than orange, less sour and much sweeter. The fruit is known for its fresh taste with its low calorie and high nutrient content. Very easy to make, this tangerine marmalade is sweet and goes really well with just about any kind of bread. A great way to enjoy your morning breakfast and beat the winter blue!
Ingredients list for Tangerine Marmalade recipe
makes2 pots of 3/4 lb (350g):
- 1 1/2 lb (700kg) of untreated tangerines
- 1 lb (450g) granulated sugar
1. Soak the whole tangerines for 24 hours in a bowl with cold water.
2. Cut clementines in half and then into fairly thin half-rings.
3. Macerated the fruit with sugar for at least 8 hours.
4. Pour fruit, sugar and juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil, cook for about 30 minutes until thickened (a drop of jam on a cold plate should set).
5. Pour into two sterilized jars, close the lid immediately and turn down the jars. Allow to cool before turning the jars up.
(Picture by Nina Palmer)
Nina L. Palmer