This garlic lime chicken tenders and quinoa is a whole and satisfying meal, perfect for a dinner for two. Beside chicken and quinoa, all you need for this recipe is a good mix of spices and a handful of fresh herbs. Don’t be alarmed by the ingredients list since the marinade and sauce use the same things. You won’t be disappointed by this delicious, hearty yet light dish. You can serve this spicy lime chicken skillet and quinoa with a little cucumber-mint-lime salad. Yum.
Ingredients list for the Garlic Lime chicken and quinoa
Chicken and marinade
- 1 pound (450g) chicken tenders (or skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips)
- Juice of one limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed cashews
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- Salt and cracked black pepper
The herbed quinoa
- 1 cup (200g) quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Grind all the spices (cumin, fennel, sesame, coriander seeds, and cashew) in a grinder or mortar. Place the lime juice, minced garlic, spice mix, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Place the chicken, in a large salad bowl. Rub the marinade over the chicken and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain from the marinade and stir fry the chicken tenders in a hot skillet until golden and cooked through. Add the marinade at the end of cooking and cook for 2-5 minutes more; make sure you don’t burn the spices of the marinade, you just want them slightly caramelized.
3. While the chicken is cooking, place the cooked quinoa, cilantro, parsley and scallion in a bowl and toss to combine.
4. Serve the chicken with the herbed quinoa, sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and drizzle with extra oil to serve. Enjoy ♡!