Here’s an easy cottage cheese dip recipe. It’s very delicious as a light snack when hosting a party. Strained cottage cheese is honored with this salty recipe where smoked salmon makes a surprising appearance.
The salmon remoulade can be used either as an hors d’oeuvre or around a small buffet; whatever you prefer!
Ingredients list for the salmon cottage cheese dip
The salmon remoulade:
- 1 lb (250g) strained cottage cheese
- 1/2 lb (125g) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 onion
- Juice of a quarter lemon
- 2 slices of smoked salmon
- Salt and pepper
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. In a colander lined with a cheesecloth, pour (250g) of strained cheese.
2. Let stand overnight in a cool place over a bowl.
3. The next day, transfer the cheese in a bowl, then incorporate the heavy cream. Smooth with a whisk.
4. Add a tablespoon of chopped dill, 1/2 tablespoon drained and chopped capers, half a finely chopped onion, the juice of 1/4 lemon and two slices of smoked salmon cut into squares. Salt and pepper.
5. Let stand about 1 hour in the refrigerator.
6. Enjoy on slices of toast.
You can also try a sweet variant with honey and walnuts.